CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Giving this BLOG the Old College Try!

So... I have been thinking about this here BLOG for a bit now.  Seems EVERY time I sit to post an update on our family EVERYTHING gets in the way!  Well here I am.  actually posting.  I am not sure who actually reads this here blog-o but I think I need a place to post and GOOD, the BAD, and the UGLY in our lives.  There has been a lot going on since my last post.  The move I St. George has proven GOOD for the kids, myself, and my Mom.  Things are stressful, from time to time but it keeps us on our toes and always working to make things better.

I call this post giving it the OLD COLLEGE TRY because I want to have a place to record our lives, other than through pictures, and a scrapbook.  Face it I have no time for a scrapbook until SUMMER.  SO...Here I am making an attempt to create "assignments" for myself on this here BLOG!  I want to add blogging assignments to my weekly list of assignments for school.  That way I know it will get done.  :)  Alright I HOPE it will get done.

For this post a little up-date on my little family as of right now.

Adam is in 1st grade and LOVING it!  He recently started a program, called Reading Recovery, and he gets ONE-on-ONE attention with a FANTASTIC reading interventionist!  he has already jumped 2 levels, in the 3 weeks he has been working with her!   His 1st grade teacher is VERY pregnant, and will be leaving around April 15th if not sooner.  He has meet the substitute that will take her place for the remainder of the school year and he likes her so I think he will adjust well.  He got an award last week for being a star reader in his class, and he is only 400 minutes away from earning the Star Reader Award at his school!  I will post about that when it happens.   His front teeth are FINALLY coming in and he is beginning to be able to pronounce all his words properly!  He still loves transformers, but is now REALLY into LEGO  EVERYTHING!  I am always excited to see what he is going to say and what kind of stories he has to tell me!

Kyle is in Pre-school and LOVES it!  He hates it when he misses school because of being sick, or just days he doesn't have school.  If he is not playing with play dough, legos, or outside pretending to do karate, he LOVES to watch videos about plants vs. zombies and minecraft.  He Loves to play both of those games on the Xbox 360 also.  He is so grown up.  Turning 5 in April and can't wait until he learns to read.  He made the highest progression in his preschool class.  going from 59/150 to 104/150 in the curriculum just from August to February!  He is excited to have tons of friends and can't wait for his party in April.  He wants to go swimming at the Sand Hollow Aquatic Center with family and then have a Dinosaur themed get together in our yard.  He loves it outside in the yard, and loves to help me anytime I need it.  He loves to cuddle (when he wants to)  Otherwise he just likes to have people around to watch him play his games and pretend with his karate. I am excited to see how much he changes over the summer and into Kindergarten.

Lydia is getting TOO big!   she is 36.5 inches tall and weighs 33 lbs.  Such an independent little girl!  She loves everything to so with Dora, Yo Gabba Gabba, and Power Rangers is her NEW favorite love!  She pretends to be a power ranger and tells everyone what color they are when we are watching it on Netflix.  She Loves to change her baby dolls diapers, and loves to rock them to sleep.  Anytime we go to the story and they are able to buy a toy she ALWAYS checks out the plastic animal boxes in Wal-Mart, and the dollar store for dinosaurs/animals she does not have.  There are probably not very many.  they are only a dollar after all.  when I give the kids a limit of $5 she gets 5 of them.  She has leg cramps some nights but a little rubbing, and cuddling usually helps the pain and she goes right back to sleep.  She loves sleeping my my bed, and I love it when she cuddles with me, unless she is hogging the bed, which usually happens.  I have a King size bed and she usually takes up 3/4 of it by laying on her back, with her legs and arms stretched out.  :)  I am excited to see what the next year brings with her.  she will be 3 on May and next year she will be enrolled in a pre-school I found for 3 year olds.  I think she will love it because she always tries to go with Kyle to school.  I can't wait to see how curly her hair gets as she gets older and what her favorite things are in the near future.

We have a chore chart the kids all help with, and earn money for an allowance.  If they all do what is on the list they get  50 cents per day.  I help them all with their chores, and they are the same for a week, then change.  Mom and I also have chores to do, that way the kids see us doing ours and they get excited when their quarters go into their jars.  They will get to spend the money on whatever they want.  Adam and Kyle have decided to wait until they both have $20 before they spend any of it. They are getting close.  Each kiddo has their favorite job and don't really like it when the list changes off their favorite.  but we have them do everything so they can help with the responsibilities in the house.  Adam loves helping with laundry, Kyle loves helping with dishes, and Lydia loves sweeping, and mopping.  Alright she likes them all, she just likes to help.  :)

Ok that is enough.  TOO much typing. And not enough pictures.  I will post a few, but I promise there will be many more posts with pictures.  My goal is to have a weekly assignment of blogging our week in one post at least.  even if it is super late at night when I get it going.  I will keep this up, this time.  I have said that before, but I am not going to let myself avoid it.  this will be a good way for all the family to see what we are up to and how things are going.  other than facebook and instagram.  I post pictures there all the time. and as soon as I remember how to add a link I will post it and there will be tons of pictures for you all to look at.


Most Recent!  Taken by Glady in February 2013

Halloween 2012

Trip to Zion September or October 2012

Christmas 2012 (November)

December 7, 2012.  Ethyl M's Cactus Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada


Until next time.  LIVE LAUGH LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment