CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 23, 2010

Sunburnt

So the children were with Shannon and Dj on the 11th while Jaymes and I had a nice day together...While there they swam, had McDonald's and played outside.  Also watched movies.

So when they got home both of them were sunburnt but Adam was the worst.  Even with Sunblock his little back was bright red and his shoulders were even brighter.

I didn't think anything of it just a sunburn.  So I put aloevera on him, feed him dinner, and sent him off to bed.  the next day we all went to the store and he was fine.  Then Monday night I looked at his back when he came to me complaining that it hurt, and there were blisters on his shoulders.  Not just one or two but like 6 little and a huge one on the left shoulder and a kind of big one and 3 small ones on the right shoulder.  So I get him to let me clean his back up and put atuff around the blisters but not on them. 

The next day he got up and all the blisters were popped...there was gunk everywhere...So we cleaned him up in the shower and got Shannon to bring over vaseline.  He let me put some on him as long as he got a popsicle after words.  so things were good...As the days progressed he did not wear a shirt and we all stayed home while we nursed his sundburn.


Come the 16th things were peeling and scabbing...just a mess all around.


 

Then a few days later he looked like this. 
Made me feel so bad that she had these little scabs all over his shoulders.
Things are about 100 times better now...I didn't get a picture of them but his shoulders are all pretty once again.  He only has a little bit of peeling left and all the scabs have healed.  Almost 2 weeks later but finally we can do fun things outside again.  Adam will be wearing a shirt outside from now on...unless he for sure lets up put tons and tons of sunblock on him over and over...
I do not recommend anyone letting their child get a sunburn...it has been a long 2 weeks but I am very glad he is all better.  Even with Sunblock you can end up having a burn so make sure you have really good sunblock or just keep your shirt on.

1 comment:

  1. poor adam. you have such a cute family. keep up the good work. love you guys.

    ReplyDelete