CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 6, 2011

Reflection on Graduation at Dixie State College

WOW!  I never thought this day would come.  While I am not yet done with college I have gotten my Associates of Science Degree.  Do you know how great that feels to say?  It is wonderful.  I have a new found confidence about be today.  because I did something that a lot of people thought I would never do and I can say I kept a promise to someone that is closest to my heart.  Before my father passed away I promised him I would go to college and at least get an associates.  Well that day has come.  I know that he is VERY proud of me and I feel a certain joy about keeping that promise.  It might have taken me awhile but at least I am here now.  It is such a great feeling to say that I am a college graduate. 
    
     There are a few people out there that think it is a waste of time to graduate with an associates if you are just going to go back to get a bachelor's and someday a master's.   yea I will be having a few graduations along the way but I think it is awesome to be able to celebrate my accomplishments as they happen.  Even if no one comes to the ceremony for me.  I think I will always participate.  Getting an associates degree is a big accomplishment and for me it is bigger than high school.  College is harder and much more demanding of self-will power and determination.  Going to class everyday and doing the work.  That is hard.  and you will not just skate through.  I sure didn't.  I have had countless times where I have not gotten enough sleep because of studying, or doing homework after taking care o the kids all day.  But WOW...What a ride it has been.  So for those that think an associates degree in COLLEGE is not as important as a HIGH SCHOOL diploma.  Well POO on you.  I might be going to graduate again but at least I am taking pride in my accomplishments.

What a great feeling it is to say I GRADUATED from DIXIE STATE COLLEGE, CLASS OF 2011.  The 100th year for the college and the largest they have ever had! 

So congrats to me!  and Congrats to the rest of the Class of 2011!  We did something great!  We can all walk with our heads a little higher because we have bettered ourselves and the lives of those people that we are going help in our future endeavors! 

So until next time LIVE LAUGH LOVE!
 following are pictures from graduation.

My cap, gown, tickets, and gift from the alumni association

Lydia trying on my cap.


Adam thought it was pretty cool.

Kyle was not interested in a photo


Walking through the D

Jaymes, me and Lydia. (the boys stayed home with Nana)

My mommy and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment